In 2018, 26.8% of Canadians 18 and older (roughly 7.3 million adults) reported height and weight that classified them as obese. Another 9.9 million adults (36.3%) were classified as overweight – bringing the total population with increased health risks due to excess weight to 63.1% in 2018. This was an increase from 2015 where 61.9% of Canadians aged 18 and older were overweight or obese
Maybe some good news Article by Linda Carroll (2010-numbers have been climbing since then)
In a famous episode of “Seinfeld,” Jerry complains that people constantly assume he’s gay because he’s single, obsessively neat — and thin. As it turns out, at least part of that punchline may be anchored in fact.
A new study shows that gay men really are leaner than straight men. And conversely, it also found that gay women tend to be heavier than their heterosexual counterparts.
Boston researchers determined that gay men were 50 percent less likely to be obese compared to their heterosexual counterparts, according to a report published in the American Journal of Public Health. Continue reading “Sexual Orientation and Weight”
Adelaide United player targeted in game at Melbourne Victory Cavallo says those who abused him should be held accountable
Josh Cavallo during the game at AAMI Park. He wrote on Instagram that he received homophobic abuse from crowd members at the stadium on Saturday night.
Josh Cavallo, who last year became the only openly gay professional top flight men’s footballer in the world, says he has “no words” to describe his disappointment at being targeted by homophobic abuse during an A-League Men game over the weekend.
Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to shed the winter blues (and a few extra pounds???). Jumping into summer is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1 Regular Exercise
Regular exercise is an important first step in preparing for summer (actually it’s important year round but we tend to forget in the winter) It brightens our mood, helps burn off a few extra pounds, and tones up our muscles.
A simple walk is a great place to begin, 3 20 minute walks a week and work up to 5 times a week. If you have a regular exercise routine try adding a new thing or 2.
2 Fruits and Veggies
Increasing your fruits and veggies is the 2nd step. Nothing tastes quite as good as in season fruits and vegetables. Ok they aren’t quite in season yet. Continue reading “Prepping for Summer”
Research has shown that the following are some of the most common health concerns faced by gay and bisexual men. While they may not all apply to each individual, they are important concerns for men and their health care providers to be aware of.
Intimate Partner Violence
Intimate partner violence takes many forms but involves physical or emotional harm by a significant other — usually a boyfriend, girlfriend, ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend or date. Typically, intimate partner violence begins with verbal threats and escalates to physical abuse, which is why it’s important to recognize it early and get help as soon as possible. Intimate partner violence often involves manipulation and control…… Continue reading “Gay and Bisexual Men’s Health Issues”
1. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think your assignments are stupid and irrelevant but each one has a purpose that is special for you.
2. An assignment will be repeated until you have learned that lesson. Do you find yourself experiencing the same (unpleasant) event again and again? One of your current learning projects is to discover whatever you need to do so it either stops happening or no longer affects you .
In a world almost obsessed with love, why do so many gay men struggle to find the relationship they crave so much?
It’s no secret relationships can be harder to find in the LGBT+ community, but I’m tired of seeing articles saying ‘gay men are incapable of love’ and ‘monogamy is over’.
The way we date, meet people and socially interact is forever changing, we often forget that we have to adjust to the landscape we’re now surrounded with. Relationships, sex and sexuality are evolving. But that doesn’t mean you have to change what you want. The kind of relationship you want is down to you. As long as all parties are open and stick to the rules, they work. Whether it’s monogamous or open, honesty is always the key. Continue reading “Why do so many gay men struggle to find the relationship they crave so much?”